Hills Local Permaculture Group (HLPG)
If you live in or around the Mundaring shire/Greenmount hill area and would like to engage with friendly, creative and passionate permaculture people,
then the Hills Local Permaculture Group is the place for you!!
We meet the third Saturday morning of the month (starting in March) at various locations around the local area. Each month we alternate between visiting inspiring gardens, learning from fellow experienced permies/gardeners or helping each other with mini-permablitzes.
If you would like to be involved or to know more, please contact us on:
Join our new facebook group ‘Perth Hills Permies’ or check out the blog; firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to hear from you !
To give you an idea some of our last meetings were ....
- Creating a propagation space for students to raise seedlings to sell at Market Days and to use in the garden
- Having a talk by Ralph Darlington from the Mundaring Organics Group (OGAWA)
- Creating an Indigenous cottage garden area with advice from an Indigenous plant expert
- Having a cooking class presented by Jas from Soul Tree Café using fresh produce from the garden
- Creating a new worm farm so that the students can use the worm juice on the vegetable garden
- Having a talk by Peter, an Apiarist, about beekeeping and making honey
- Making homemade liquid fertilizer from weeds, etc
- Starting a bush medicine garden and herbal medicine garden
- Running workshops on herbs and bush medicine, as well as bush tucker
If you have any suggestions or ideas for field trips, workshops and activities please do let us know. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
There are currently no items in this folder.