The following articles have been archived from the late Warwick Rowell’s decommissioned website.
- Preparing for a cyclone, written as we prepared!
- Surveying without instruments
- Designing for Sustainabililty
- Retrofitting your house for Summer
- Retrofitting your house for winter
- Sustainable Housing: Lessons we have learned so far
- Six Questions to Answer in Evaluating your Home
- Solar Path Diagrams
- Permaculture and Climate Change in Western Australia
- Extract from James Hansen’s Royal Society paper
- Who is the true Conservative?
- Excerpts from James Hansen’s paper of 15 April 2013
- The first fifty percent is easy!
- A cyclone hitting Busselton?
- Book Review – Resilience and Transformation – Preparing Australia for Uncertain Futures by John Seddon
- Planning for Catastrophe
Philosophies & Ideas
- Small is Dutiful
- Moving towards the “Sustainable Abundance” Scenario
- Elements of a viable system: Stafford Beer
- David Holmgren’s View On Rural Land Use
- Chinampa systems
- Types of Participation in Decision Making
- Jill Jordan on Community Building
- Extended Families
- Book Review – How Societies choose to Fail or Survive by Jared Diamond
- Patterns for Courtyards
- New Patterns for South Walls
- Book Review – Pattern Language – The Basic Concept by Christopher Alexander