- Permaculture Research Institute: Geoff Lawton – education, research, news, great resource.
- Holmgren Design Services: David Holmgren – publications, events, consulting.
- Tagari: Bill Mollison – books (including the classic Permaculture – A Designers’ Manual), courses, and other items for sale.
- Perth City Farm
- Sustainable Gardening Australia (SGA)
- Seed Savers Network: Community based seed saving and sharing, a great network which PermacultureWest hopes to be more involved with.
- Aussies Living Simply: Great online community around simple living with a a very active forum.
- Australian City Farms & Community Gardens Network
- Transition Network: supports community-led responses to climate change and shrinking supplies of cheap energy, building resilience and happiness.
Sole traders and small businesses who follow permaculture principles can apply to be linked to the Permaculture West website (as per below) free of charge (though we encourage you to be a member). Please supply a brief (up to 50 words) summary of the business details together with a statement on how the business follows permaculture criteria as guiding principles for business decisions to email@example.com. Only the business summary and the link to the business website will be published after consideration by committee members. This offer is not available to franchises.
Permaculture Design, Consulting, Education
- Terra Perma Design: Charles and Jolene are the faces of Terra Perma Design – two Chemical Engineers who have turned their brains and passions towards teaching sustainable gardening, eco-living, Permaculture and ecological and regenerative farm design in and around Pemberton in South West WA.
- Freo Permies: Fremantle Permaculture local group team up to provide unique people and community centric permaculture education, and workshops.
- Fair Harvest: Jodie, Do, and team offer courses and events on their Permaculture farm just out of Margaret River. They also help run the Margaret River permablitz and provide design and consulting services with their Margaret River EcoGarden business.
- Edge5 Permaculture: Design, consultation, water harvesting, erosion control and Permaculture education.
- Candle Light Farm Permaculture: Ross Mars offers design and consultation and runs Accredited Permaculture Training (APT) courses, WA’s only Cert3 and Cert4 and Diploma option.
- Powderbark Permaculture: Stacey and her team at Powderbark are dedicated to creatively teaching permaculture and other good 21st century practical earth-based skills and thinking. We run courses, workshops and community events that will help you build abundance and resilience into your life and landscapes.
- Gaia Permaculture: Fiona holds a Dip. Permaculture and over 8 years experience in “hands on” as a permaculture landscape designer, consultant and educator. She is an experienced facilitator and teacher delivering a wide variety of sustainability and environmental workshops for shires, councils, events, not for profit and private organizations for children, teens and adults. With experience teaching early childhood and primary for 3 years, she now delivers accredited Permaculture to high schools through VET courses. She is passionate about making permaculture the standard, where solutions are easy for everyone in every situation.
Permaculture Garden Services and Implementation
- Slice of Eden – Damien Meridith operates as a sole trader and offers installation, maintenance and consultation for edible landscapes (urban permaculture gardening services). He also offers occasional workshops in areas such as welding. Email: SliceOfEden@outlook.com. Phone: 0450 900 797.
- Green Life Soils Co.: Soils, compost, mulch, manure, deliveries and manpower etc … and a great website resource for Permies!
- Tass1Trees: Located in the Swan Valley with a good selection of fruit, nut, native and ornamental trees.
- Wandilla Nursery: No website, contact 9409 9899, located at 384 Wanneroo Rd, Wangara.
- The Drylands Permaculture Nursery: located in Geraldton although seeds are available and also sold via Absolutely Organic, Environment House, Planet Ark, and Zanthorrea Nursery.
- Zanthorrea Nursery: Located in the Hills, specialises in Australian natives.
- The Greenhouse: Certified organic seedlings and seeds available by various retailers and stalls (see website).
- Dunn and Walton: More an organic food store but you can find soil amendments, organic heirloom open pollinated veggie seeds for Yilgarn, Select Organic and Searles and the odd (or to order) rare permie perennial.
- Daisy Chain Eco Nursery: Small, family-operated, micro-wholesale nursery offering certified organic seeds and plants.
Other Suppliers of Interest to Permies
- MulchNet: Free mulch!
- Jaylon: Agricultural & horticultural products such as greenhouse film, weed matting, shadecloth, etc…
- Commercial Netmakers WA – Supplier of Vegenet (fruit flys and other pests exclusion) and bird nets in bulk or per metre.
- WA Barrels – Supplier of used imported Olive Barrels. 0449955041
- Rural Fencing Supplies (DCW Enterprises): bird netting, fencing, gates, posts, star pickets etc… Much cheaper than Bunnings especially in bulk.
- City Livestock: Animal Feed, diatomaceous earth, kelp powder, and other soil inputs.
- Freecycle (Perth): No obligation network of people giving away stuff they don’t want.
- Gumtree: Re-Suppliers of everything, Perth’s best second hand sales website.