Workshop: Strengthening Neighbourhood Food Resilience
This is an interactive workshop utilising different methods in a relaxed, exploratory space!
Learn how to build and sustain food security within your local community in these vulnerable times, starting in your own backyard and reaching into your whole bioregion.
- Identifying bioregional boundaries, characteristics and functions
- Bioregional Food Resilience Overview and Comprehensive Strategies
- Introducing the 12 Steps to Food Resilience
- Generating a Bioregional Food Inventory together
- Ensuring Seed Security & Natural Resources
- Developing a collective Soil-fertility Resource Pool, Seedswaps and Crop Swaps.
Presenter: Robina McCurdy, Earthcare Education Aotearoa, NZ
Robina has 35 years’ experience as a community development facilitator and permaculture educator/designer. After working with village-scale food security in Southern Africa and Brazil, Robina was a consultant-educator with Victory Community Gardens (Nelson, NZ), and Harbour Basin’s ‘Food Resilience Project’ (Christchurch, NZ). Nowadays she facilitates local food action workshops across Aotearoa-NZ and Australia.
|Date & Time:||Saturday 13th of May 2023, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Location:||Earthwise Community Association, 315 Bagot Rd, Subiaco WA 6008|